Effective as of February 2014
The Information We Collect
1. Personal Information
When you sign up to become a User, process any Pre-Order or Order, enter any promotion, contest, or sweepstakes, or sign up for our newsletter or other publications, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, which may include your name and e-mail address (collectively, “Personal Information”). We do not collect or access any Personal Information from you when you use the Website unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily or authorize us to access it.
2. Billing Information
When Users wish to process Pre-Orders or Orders, they will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, expiration date, bank account information, billing address, activation codes, and similar information (collectively, “Billing Information”).
3. Other Information
We may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as product and service preferences and other information that does not identify you personally.
b. From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Website, including, without limitation, IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, and sections of the Website visited.
c. From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Website. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website may not function properly.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Website, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on the Website. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Beep marketing email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. Guests cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve the Website, process and fulfill Pre-Orders and Orders, solicit your feedback, administer our rewards, contests, and promotional programs, and inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners and sponsors. Also, we may share the Information as described below.
· We may from time to time share Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
· In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Website, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Website to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
· We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, billing processing, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Beep or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Beep may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at:
110 Capp St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
In addition, Beep does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us